The AFLA team

Friday 2 March 2012

Unwanted catches

We are on the cusp of spring.  The first green shoots are appearing in the hedges and under the woods, the snow drops are out and the birds are singing loud in the tree tops.  All of last year’s leaves have withered and died back, fallen to the floor, to reveal the bare bones of the landscape.  Now is the time to spot deer against the green shoots of wheat or notice stately homes through the bare trees.  Sadly, the bare earth also reveals litter and fishing debris along the river bank.  Not all rubbish is dropped by anglers – I find a lot of energy drink bottles downstream from Bath.  I now remove and recycle as much as I can carry on each trip.  Fishing line is retrieved where possible and binned after cutting into harmless bits.  I keep anything useful, such as floats, weights and lures.  Eventually, I hope to see the bank clean from plastic, though this will take time.

No comments:

Post a Comment